Fine Art Studio
The Fine Art Studio is the heart of Imagine Art’s services, it serves an as an incubator that cultivates the creative talents of artists with disabilities. Artists have access to free art supplies, art direction, and space to work towards their goals.
The Fine Art Studio Program’s goal is for artist’s with disabilities to…
– Increase knowledge in media, technique, style and presentation
– Access professional materials and supports to create strong bodies of work fro exhibition
– Receive artistic direction from staff, volunteers and mentors that support artistic goals
– Referred to supplemental programs for professional development
– Increase their income through art sales, arts related careers and the development of arts related small businesses
Major Project Activities:
Artists with disabilities register for services and are eligible based on quality of work, professional goals and need for support services to access the arts. The artist commits to a routine schedule in the studio. Schedules vary from 2-hour sessions weekly to 4 full days weekly. Each artist is evaluated by the Artistic Director and then works under a tailored plan of service to develop a body of work for exhibition. Each artist accesses professional supplies, gains skills in media and technique and works alongside the Artistic Director and volunteers to meet their personal goals and objectives. Specific activities include; general studio access as artists work on individual projects, 1:1 training sessions, mentor matching, special workshops and projects. The space now offers one large capacity clay kiln and a large capacity glass kiln. Special events support artist development and include: studio based workshops, field trips and exhibition opportunities.
Hours of Operation:
Regular studio hours are 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Tuesday through Friday
Tony Hyden, Artistic Director
Click Here to meet Tony